> > > Passed on from the TM-Free Blog, where a commenter
> > > who calls himself "alex" posted the following in
> > > response to Bevan's letter about "King" Tony being
> > > married. Interesting story, and it sures sounds
> > > like the Maharishi I knew and his level both of
> > > compassion and meddling in his "favorites" affairs.
> > > Does anyone know whether it can be verified?
> >
> > How did native Americans handle 'delicate' nutcakes, like
> > this where the care is beyond the scope of the group?
> > Manifest destiny, how do corporations even now deal with
> > this level of psych brittleness where it is beyond the scope
> > of the work?  <snip drivel>
>
> Doug, I think you are (possibly intentionally)
> missing the point. Given the story as related,
> the *obvious* question to be asked is, "Was this
> woman mentally imbalanced *before* Maharishi dis-
> covered that Bevan was involved with her and had
> her shipped off first to a Mother Divine retreat
> with instructions for no one to interact with her,
> and then to a mental institution?
>
> What's YOUR "take" on Bevan? Is he the kind of
> guy who is likely to have been involved with and
> possibly engaged to a crazy woman? alex's descrip-
> tions of her *before* she was shipped off are that
> she was a happy, intelligent, lovely woman.
>
> It seems more likely, given alex's story, that
> Maharishi just reacted JEALOUSLY, as he has done
> so many other times, and GOT RID OF THE
> COMPETITION for Bevan's attention.
>
> To his discredit, of course, it seems that Bevan
> allowed Maharishi to do it. What a megatoday.

 Possibly, given his age back then and the movement.
Your take on RajaRam could well be in play given the culture.
Still waiting for the Global Chat on this though.

In Icelandic they have this colloquial about leadership:

"It is windy at the top".

Probably was lonely at times too.

Is interesting to see here how many of the administrative TB'er movement
marriages at the top have recombined in time.  Amongst themselves and also
including some of the loner single men or spinster women having hooked up in
matrimony later in life now.  The unions formed are really sweet to see in some
cases.  More fit partnerships later in life.

There are small rumors out about another announcement pending coming from
someone really really *large* in the movement.  Something about a long-term
male companion.

Best Regards from FF,
-D