Dangerous Words

Dr. Linda Callaway
Superintendent
Menifee Union School District

Dear Dr. Callaway <mailto:lcalla...@menifeeusd.org> ,

  [BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5431264500999274898]
<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Mh1TZAM-AWU/S1-6SZ9AQZI/AAAAAAAACuI/y8c-25heA\
58/s1600-h/redact.png> You made the right decision when you pulled all
the dictionaries from your libraries. Words are dangerous things. The
poor student who looked up "oral sex" will no doubt be scarred for life.
That's what happened to me when I first learned about it.

I was well into my thirties at the time. It was during the Monica
Lewinsky scandal. It seemed like you couldn't turn on the tee vee
without hearing the words "oral sex." Being a conservative Republican,
it made no sense to me. How could you have sex in your mouth--you don't
even have a little soldier there.

For awhile, I thought they were talking about sex with Oral Roberts, but
that didn't make sense either. Why would he be in Klinton's Oval Office
unless it was to look for spare change? That didn't sound right to me.

Finally, I looked it up, and, holy cow, was I shocked--more than
shocked, really, I was shaken and damaged. I mean, my God, Klinton put
his little president in a lady's mouth. You know Ronald Reagan never did
such a thing. I bet no Republican has. It's unnatural.

I hope you aren't considering censoring the dictionaries and then
putting them back into your libraries. Like I said, words are dangerous
things, and it's impossible to censor them all. Some of the most
insidiously dangerous words like provincial, backward, ignorant,
prudish, mindless, puritanical, unenlightened, anti-intellectual, and
philistine are bound to get past your redacter's marker.

Heterosexually yours in a chaste, biblical, and Cotton Mathers kind of
way,

Gen. JC Christian, patriot

http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/2010/01/dangerous-words.html