--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <geezerfr...@...> wrote:

> I remember seeing one of his magazines....the cover had an
> incredibly hot woman sitting on the hood of a Porsche with
> the caption: Samadhi Is Loose in America
>
> Come to think of it I probably saw this over at Barry's pad.

Very possibly, Geez. That was a cool mag. It
was called "Self Discovery," and we printed
and distributed half a million copies of it
in L.A. for free, just for the fuck of it.

The content consisted of nothing more than a
few of the stories from "The Last Incarnation,"
a bunch of first-person, subjective-experience
stories from his students at the time. It did
not advertise any particular lecture, or course,
or anything. It was just stories.

But *first-person* stories, distributed free to
people who had been involved with spiritual
practices their whole lives, and who had never
heard anything other than Other People's Stories,
stories from way back in the past, or from far,
far away, both in terms of time and geography.

If it made an impression at all, it was because
it was so fuckin' outrageous. That appealed to
me then. The difference between me and a lot of
the stick-in-the-mud TM TB's here is that it
appeals to me still.

Only slackers think that the cool spiritual
stuff only happened in the past.

The babe on the cover was the wife of a good
friend of mine at the time. If you thought the
photo was hot, you should have known the woman.