--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation"
<seekliberat...@...> wrote:

> Wow.....it sounds like you've taken my criticism very personal! Damn
right!  I highly resembled your remark

> That seems odd on this forum. This forum/blog site, or whatever you
call it, is a bunch of people who have insulted Gurus, Presidents,
Governers, Musicians, athletes, actors, etc... (very vehemently I might
add), And all of these individuals insulted have done much better than
any of us could ever do at what we've done with our lives. Just because
someone does better than us doesn't mean we're wrong to criticize them.
For example, Sarah Palin has been a much more successful governer than
anyone on FFL is or will ever be. But we are, and will continue to be,
relentless in our criticism of her, myself included. Same with Tiger
Woods, George W Bush, John Edwards, Bill Clinton, O.J.
Simpson.....etc.....They're all better than me(in a certain way), but
there is no doubt they're overrated and deserve some criticism.

> My comments (about Avatar) were nothing more than my opinion that the
movie is a bit over rated. To me, it's an equivalent of Jurrasic Park, a
visual masterpiece. The plot was by far the most boring plot, IMO, due
to its predictability and obvious borrowing from other plots and
scenarios. But for some reason you took my opinion personally. No one,
but no one insults the Nuvi on my watch.

> Also, you say "the problem is".........
>
> why is it a problem? Everyone on this forum insults the
accomplishments (or lack therof) of famous people every day despite the
fact that those famous people have accomplished more than anyone on this
forum ever will. Where's the problem?  The problem is that Judy has
posted out for the week, and as Turq said, a vacuum has been created,
and we all know that nature abhors a vacuum, and I being an instrument
of nature had to rush to fill the vacuum.  Does that many any sense?

> seekliberation
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
steve.sundur@ wrote:

> The problem is that it far
> > exceeds anything you could do on your wildest best day.
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation"
> > <seekliberation@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Offworld,
> > >
> > > Although I see the message behind the movie, I have to admit I
agree
> > with you 100%. This was a stolen plot from many movies that depict
some
> > primitave cultures that are archetype to previous movies (Dances
with
> > Wolves, Last of the Mohicans). Absolutely no originality whatsoever,
> > other than the graphics themselves. I remember when 'Bladerunner'
came
> > out, it was the first of its kind, in terms of the deep or subtle
lesson
> > it tried to show. Same with Star Wars, Matrix (the original one
only),
> > and several others. But as time moves on, carbon copies start being
> > made, and Avatar was nothing more than another carbon copy.
> > >
> > > Seekliberation
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings no_reply@

> > like

> > not