--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> TurquoiseB wrote:
> >
> > At the insistence of my brother, I downloaded and
> > watched the first three episodes of the new HBO
> > series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand."
> >
> > My review of the show would be titled "Spartacus:
> > Blood and Tits." No content to the review, just the
> > title. That pretty much says it all. :-)
>
> That's a Starz not HBO series. I checked to see if there is
> a promo OnDemand but didn't see anything. Sometimes when they
> start up a new series they put a couple of episodes free
> OnDemand to get people to subscribe. They did that with their
> new season of "Crash".

Is Starz owned by HBO? Could have sworn I saw HBO
logos on my pirated copies, but I might have been
distracted by the tits. :-)

As drama, it's not very good. Even as action it's
not terribly well choreographed IMO, with the "300"-
style constant blood slpatters detracting, not adding
value. Interestingly, the nudity feels more gratuitous
than historically accurate, as if the writers said,
"We got nuthin'...time to put in another orgy scene."

On the other hand, the women *are* attractive, and
one gets to see pretty much all of them. *Including*,
for those who always wanted to see what Gabrielle
saw of Xena the Warrior Princess, Lucy Lawless. I
hear her husband is one of the producers, and I have
to say that at 41 and having had three kids, she's
lookin' Pretty Damn Good in her nude scenes.