--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost1uk@> wrote:
> > >
> > > On the BBC:
> > >
> > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8513000/8513893.stm
> > >
> > > Harrabin: "Nothing (in Climategate that I've seen)
> > > challenges the mainstream view of science...[a few
> > > seconds later]...but it is calling into question in
> > > many people's minds the fundamentals of the science
> > > itself".
> > >
> > > That's OK then? Mainstream = sound, fundamentals = wobbly?
> >
> > I think there may have been an unspoken "mistakenly"
> > there in between "is" and "calling"...
>
> No, to me ear it sounded like "definitely, without a shadow
> of a doubt, not to put too fine a point on it"

Definitely this is what they're thinking, without a
shadow of a doubt, not to put too fine a point on it
(but of course they're mistaken).

Unless the guy is schizophrenic or talking in Zen
riddles or something, that's what he *must* have
meant, if he preceded it by saying "Nothing challenges
the mainstream view of science." No?