> > I know of many permanent residents
> > who've refused to become US citizens
> > because that would forever subject
> > them to paying US income taxes no
> > matter where they live on the globe.

off:
> How does Turq do it?

Turq apparently is contracting out to a
U.S. company, so he probably does his own
tax withholding, and then files at the end
of the year, using an IRS 1040ez form.

Turq is smart enough to note line 8 on the
form this year, and to be able to calculate
the 'Make work pay credit', which in Turq's
case, would be 6.2% (.062) of his earned
income (.062).

If Turq does this he can then subtract the
standard deduction also, and wind up paying
only a few dollars income tax.

It's also possible that IBM has withheld a
percentage of earned income from each
of his paychecks. If this is the case, he
might get $3000 returned by the IRS.

I consider this a refund of an over-payment!

FYI:

The last time I checked, Social Security is
not taxed because it is not considered
earned income.

But the point is, apply for U.S. citizenship,
and then go out and vote for someone like
Ron Paul, in order to try and bring down
the individual payroll tax to near zero.

> He doesn't pay taxes in the US otherwise
> they would find out where he is.

Turq doesn't seem to be very worried about
anyone finding out where he is!