> I like to amuse myself on Saturday mornings by
> trying to figure out what the Big Issue Of The
> Week will be here on FFL.
>
> This week my guess (not "seeing") is whether
> the fact that the Quintessential Quintet Of Evil
> (Curtis, Sal, Vaj, do.rflex, and the Evil Barry)
> have all Ragged On Rory is considered evil enough
> that someone will feel compelled to rush in to
> defend him, or whether Rory has to be accused of
> child molestation before he's considered worthy
> of her talents.
>
> So there, Curtis. I've done my part to throw
> myself on the grenade for this week. Now I can
> just sit back and watch the fireworks. Until
> Tuesday. At the latest.  :-)

Curtis responds:

"I do believe he is sincere and not like the cynical carny
I described whose language form he shares IMO. If you
believe in your own rap then the language form just flows
naturally and continuously. When I was teaching TM I could
talk for hours about Vedic studies. Once you start it up
it runs by itself almost like good songwriting moments.

"I had decent chats with Rory when he posted here and don't
think he is a bad guy. I believe he is a highly imaginative
dramatic person who is like a novelist caught up in his own
novel. I don't doubt that he has a very compelling inner
world of experience that he is describing. Where we differ
is what it means. He seems to believe that the intensity
and clarity of inner experience confers epistemological
value. I do not."

<giggle>