--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, azgrey <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Alex, are there conservative gays?
>
> Yep. For example, the Log Cabinettes:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_Cabin_Republicans

I've just been reading about a new gay conservative
group, GOProud.org. The Log Cabin guys are really
moderate Republicans, whereas the GOProud group is
more movement conservative--"Draft Cheney 2012"
conservative. They're small yet, only about 2,000
members, but allegedly growing fast:

http://goproud.org/

Two recent pieces in Mother Jones about how the
Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) is
dealing with them:

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2009/12/are-gay-conservatives-welcome-cpac

http://tinyurl.com/yhrcq6s

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/02/cpac-goes-gay

After some resistance, GOProud ended up as one of the
co-sponsors of the CPAC meeting that ends today.

But here's a surprising development from Salon:

"CPAC Crowd Boos a Homophobe Off Stage" (with video)

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/02/19/cpac_gays/index.html

http://tinyurl.com/y86xyv6

No kidding, this is pretty amazing. (I'm not sure whether
to be thrilled that these conservatives are resisting
homophobia, or depressed that there are gays conservative
enough to have become an issue at that meeting.)