--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ShempMcGurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> Sounds like those that support global warming.  If it's hot, it's because of
> global warming; if it's cold and snowing, it's because of global warming.

The politicization of this complex scientific question in both political
parties shows our society's lack of scientific education including our
inability to distinguish causality from simultaneity.

Summing up complex theories in bombastic slogans, they are distorting a method
that helps us avoid our own bullshit.  In an issue so complex we quickly find
the limits of our rational mind and then resort to emotional posturing.
Scientifically we find paradoxes like the one you mentioned all the time.  But
the question is, is it true, not does it sound silly out of context.

So the ADD monkey mob gets into a feces throwing war and the real questions
regarding the future of life on earth are lost in the din.

I give the future to cockroaches over people in a few centuries but I'm just
guessing by how shitty we are at focusing on what matters.