God was One, but He wanted to become many. You cannot enjoy a game with only
one person. If you want to play any game, you will need more players. God
originated Himself out of His own Silence in order to divinely enjoy the Cosmic
Game.

If we go deep within, we see that we are only taking a conscious part in God's
Cosmic Game. We see that we are not the doers; God is the Doer. We are only His
instruments. God is One, but He felt that He wanted to enjoy Himself, to fulfil
Himself in millions of shapes and forms. He felt that being One, He was not
fully satisfied. Why should He be satisfied with only being the One Infinite?
He can also be the multitudinous finite. God is omniscient, omnipotent,
omnipresent. If He is omnipotent, then why should He not become like an ant, an
infinitely tiny creature? Because of His omnipotent Power, we think of God as
something very great or very vast. But just because God is omniscient and
omnipotent, He can also be inside the finite. In this way, God is playing His
eternal Game in and through you, through me, through all human beings.

God is infinite, but He houses Himself in each tiny child. Here in the finite,
He wants to enjoy Himself and play the tune of the Infinite. Only then does He
get the greatest joy. It is in the finite that we are aspiring to achieve the
Infinite. Again, the Infinite gets the greatest joy by making itself as tiny as
possible.

Finite and infinite: to our outer eyes they seem to be opposites, but in God's
Eye they are one. The finite and the Infinite always go together; the one
complements the other. The finite wants to reach the absolute Highest, which is
the Infinite. The Infinite wants to manifest itself in and through the finite.
Then the game is complete. Otherwise it will be only a one-sided game. There
will be no joy, no achievement, no fulfilment. In and through the Infinite, the
finite is singing its song of realisation. And in and through the finite, the
Infinite is singing its song of manifestation.   (Anonymous)