Another winner. [An earlier review I posted has
not appeared yet on FFL, hours after posting it,
so this may appear first.] In fact, this is one
of the most intelligent SciFi films I have ever
seen.

It is also, up there with "John From Cincinnati,"
one of the most profound statements about the real
nature of spirituality I have ever encountered in
film or television.

Like "The Box," this film is based on a story
written by a veteran of the Golden Age Of SciFi.
As such, it places more demands on the viewer than
most newer movies or TV. By that I mean that you
actually have to listen, and to *think*.

Here's the short, no real spoilers because it'll
be on the DVD box when you rent it plot synopsis.
A college professor suddenly announces to friends
who have known him for ten years that he is moving.
They descend on his place, help him move some boxes,
share some Johnny Walker scotch with him, and talk.
They want to know why he's moving on, and at first
he just tells them that he's done it before.

Pressed further, he decides on a whim to tell them
the truth. He's done this -- moving on -- every ten
years or so for the last 14,000 years.

So here's the dilemma. A bunch of close friends,
sitting in a room with someone they have known and
loved for ten years and consider just as sane as
they are, and he lays something like this on them.

So how do they react? How would you?

Brilliantly intelligent film. Well worth a rental.