<snip>
> Bottom line? You Americans have not only been taken
> to the cleaners by the insurance companies, the drug
> companies, and the medical establishment (for-profit
> doctors, HMOs, and hospitals), you're so *used* to
> being taken to the cleaners that many of you are
> freaking out and panicking and running around like
> crazy people screaming "socialized medicine" as the
> first steps are taken to *stop* you being taken to
> the cleaners.
>
> The only conclusion I can draw from this is that
> America is a nation of masochistic retards.

Actually it's the mind that can draw only this conclusion
that's retarded, for many reasons, not least of which is
the relatively small number of people screaming "socialized
medicine" and the fact that a majority are happy that the
reform bill passed. There wouldn't have *been* a reform
bill if it weren't for the fact that Americans are fed up
with being taken to the cleaners by the insurance
companies.

I mean, you have to be brain-dead to think Fox News and
its audience are representative of the American people.