--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willytex@> wrote:
> >

> > carde:
> > > The Arctic Home in the Vedas...
> > >
> > The question is, did the Aryan speaking people
> > come from outside India?
> >
> > >  ...that book is well worth reading.
> > >
> > More questions:
> >
> > Isn't there a strange affinity between Finnish
> > and Sanskrit?
> >

> Yes, there actually is! Finnish seems to "restore"
> Sanskrit forms of some IE words.
>
> For me, one of the
> most striking examples of that is the Sanskrit word
> for 'wedge', namely 'kiila'. In Finnish the word
> is exactly "synonymic", homonymic and -phonic!
>
> My *guess* is
> that this word has been borrowed into Finnish from
> Swedish or some other near-by IE language, most
> probably some Baltic one.
>
> In Swedish the word
> is written as 'kil', but it's pronounced in most of the dialects
> spoken in Finland approximately as 'cheel'[sic!]. (The
> standard "Swedish-Swedish" [riks-svensk] pronunciation of the
> first consonant is so "weird" that I have no idea
> how to write it phonetically...)
>
> Well, "of course" it's possible that the forefathers of
> most Finnish men, Siberian mammoth hunters, were in contact
> with the Aryans somewhere in Siberia, and this homonymy
> is a result of that contact, LOL!

I read a scientific paper once (once was enough) that speculated that Finnish
is actually the more root and father language of mankind than sanskrit.  The
original Finnish had a words for "blonde", "hot-blonde" and "hot, drunken
blonde over there, naked, in there in the hot springs".

Sanskrit, and the Indian subcontinent, had no such words. And being a colder
climate, those deep ancient Fins thought deep thoughts about deep things.