TurquoiseB:
> It's the exact same act as Willytex's, and
> run for exactly the same reason...

Not exactly.

Actually, the purpose of my posts are to get people
thinking about what they believe, or not. Most of
the time, their epistemological and metaphysical
statements will be found to be false or contradictory,
because any theory, when taken to extremes, will be
found to be self-contradictory.

This dialectical method was used very effectively by
Socrates. The idea is to identifying and eliminate
those hypothesis that lead to obvious contradictions.

In other words, get your debating opponent to say
what he believes, without him really thinking about
it, and then to ask a series of questions that make
those ideas appear to be unsupportable by logic; to
show that their reasoning is metaphysical, and to
demonstrate the logical fallacy of clinging to false
views.

> She's trying to provoke an argument and get
> someone to focus their attention on her and
> argue with her...

Maybe so, it seems to work in your case! But what
you call 'argument' is to Judy a 'debate', which
you are obviously losing.

<snip>