It's been an unusually cool, cloudy and rainy Spring
so far in Sitges. My twice-daily walks along the beach
with my dogs have as a result often been as spirit-
dampening as they were clothes- and fur-dampening.

No more. Spring has officially sprung, as evidenced by
the sunny skies, the warm temperatures, and the presence
of bare breasts on the beach. On this morning's walk, I
counted 103 of them. Don't ask about the odd number. :-)

Big ones, small ones, perky ones, droopy ones, proud ones
and shy ones. The sheer *variety* of breasts, as well as
the generally aesthetic nature of *all* of them, is almost
enough to make me believe in God.  :-)

Elsewhere, signs of Spring are also in the air. The gay
beach, located just opposite a small children's playground,
is full of guys in Speedos hugging and kissing and enjoy-
ing each others' company, just as heteros do on other
Sitges beaches. I stood and watched for a while, and none
of the kids (or their parents) seemed to find anything
shocking or even interesting about the gay beach. It pre-
dates the playground, and the two worlds do not interact,
except when a kicked ball lands on the beach and one of
the guys throws it back with a smile. I doubt that the
kid saying "Gracias" thinks any differently of the guy
because he has a boyfriend or husband than he would think
of a guy with a girlfriend or wife. I consider this
civilized; others may disagree.

A little further up the beach, one of our resident street
musicians plays a violin to iPod accompaniment, and seems
to be making a small fortune doing so. He's really good,
and almost no one passes by without stopping and listen-
ing for a few songs, and gracing his violin case with a
few coins in thanks.

Curtis would do well here, both as busker and as someone
comfortable with different lifestyles all mushed together
and interacting as if there was nothing wrong with that.
Others might get all uptight. Their loss...