> A classic. Equally applicable as a message to some here.
>
> Facebook version (probably only visible to members):
> http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TEwNTBxzg58JAx/VIHpOOLPOH3cLO
>
> Movieweb version:
> http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TEwNTBxzg58JAx/VIHpOOLPOH3cLO

Maher's material almost writes itself. As if it was already laying on the
ground and he just picked it up. A compliment -- in that the material is not a
forced, or a manipulated laugh, as say Leno might be, but rather simply
highlighting, punctuating, via his delivery, a big chunk of reality, like
picking up a large rock, or tree branch found on a walk.

And his delivery has a cadence that I find infectious -- as if he has tapped
into some common root of the earth. Earthy, punchy, but the rhythym and
cadence, the flow, is like something -- again -- found out in nature on a walk
-- like capturing the cadence of a river, with some thunderstorm bolts, and a
gusty wind, that also becomes a soothing breeze.

Or perhaps capturing a natural cadence of the brain -- common to all. As
evidenced from my posts, the riff and cadence of this that and whatever,
punctuated by "Have you been to (LA, fill in appropriate city) lately!!??" is
either imprinted on my brain, or his routines have simply unlocked and made
accessable, a natural rhythym already pulsing in my brain.

I vote/endorse Bill to be White House Chief of Staff to knock heads and kick
butt to get people thinking clearly. Or as secretary of state -- that could
liven up foreign relations. Or maybe a new cabinet position, Reality-Grounder
in Chief. Carte Blanche to roam the halls of government and politico apparatus,
slapping sense into jaded hacks, kicking butt of entrenched policy-wonks, and
knocking heads of the inane and simply f'ed up politicos -- but you know in a
very green, hip and peace-loving way.