Three shots in the NYTimes today, taken at night,
that are the most spectacular, amazing volcano
photos I've ever seen (look at them full-screen if
you can):

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/photographing-icelands-fiery-vo\
lcano/?th&emc=th
<http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/photographing-icelands-fiery-v\
olcano/?th&emc=th>

http://tinyurl.com/yyh5gup <http://tinyurl.com/yyh5gup>

The photographer, an Icelander, is quoted as saying:

"Standing in front of it at night is magnificent because you
can really see the lightning that is at the center of the
eruption. It's incredibly exciting. The adrenaline flows and
I was shouting `wow look at that' over and over. I've never
seen something like this before."

Another spectacular photo, a daytime shot taken
by an Icelandic farmer:

See it in a larger size here:

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/gallery/2010/04/grounded-giant-volcanic\
-ash-clouds-cancel-flights-across-europe.php?img=4

http://tinyurl.com/yyshvwy <http://tinyurl.com/yyshvwy>