> > I certainly find it hard to believe you exist.

Tom:
> I dated a girl years ago who was an honors philosophy
> graduate from Vassar. Whenever we got into a tiff she
> used to prove that I didn't exist.

So, what does it mean to 'not exist'? Why wouldn't we
exist in the future, if we existed in the past? If you
existed in the past, why wouldn't you exist in the
future? And, if you don't exist now, then who is it that
is writing these words?

And how would anyone 'prove' that they don't exist?

So many questions, Tom - so few answers.

"Metaphysics is concerned with explaining the fundamental
nature of being and the world..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphysics