I am really enjoying everyone's comments on this subject thread.

Thank you to everyone.

 No one is wrong with opinions. : )

I would hope the subject of Jyotish would only give a weather report.
Tendencies can be vague but for the subject of exchange of money for the
informational opinion, one could string along a buyer a lot longer than giving
actual predictions.
The long life predictions by many Jyotishi's told to only give good/positive
information ends up looking like false readings to some, and many scramble away
to look for another who is more qualified or who will tell a story from the
reading that fits the buyer's ego to satisfaction of Jyotish prediction product.
It is very entertaining to take spare money to throw at such a "science of
age."
I see nothing wrong with it, to venture into the world of possibilities that
may be created by the action of going to a jyotishi and then to start basing
one's life on a reading, could appear to make the prediction possble or real.
How long someone will live, by more than one Jyotishi "prediction," telling one
they will live a long life into their late 80's or 90's and they die in their
50's really throws a wrench in the bike wheel of  "believing" in the science.

I am very interested in the subject in my spare time and have given the
ephemeris a looking into regularly to see if tendancies and sort of bio-rhythms
of life match to any consistency.
It is hard to learn of the subject when so many so called experts give opposing
views of a prediction which can appear to discredit the "science" and only line
pockets with green stuff.