--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That was good writing Unc.

Just a rap, but thanks.

> -----My take.  Tantrics are like TMers who eschew any conventional notion
of path or intermediary. Thus, if you have the impulse to worship Mother
Divine, you need not ask permission. They are not necessarily TMers, but
TMers can be tantrics.  The basic notion underlying tantra is that there are
mechanical processes such as the kriyas, darshanas, and such that can work
to bring people automatically to experience of the divine, or which can bring
anyone to at least purification of their elements. Belief is not necessary, and
so as such the experiences naturally follow the techniques.

Well said.  To this I would only add that the techniques can
be useful -- nigh unto invaluable or necessary -- in the begin-
ning of one's study, but become less necessary later on.
I'd liken it to spending years practicing the basic moves of
karate or judo, to the point where the moves become a
"muscle memory," and no longer require any conscious
invocation.  That is, someone throws a punch at you, and
your body simply reacts with the proper block.  No thought
involved.

In my experience, many of the Tantric practices can be like
that.  If you practice the techniques that invoke certain abilities
faithfully for years, after some time you can leave the practices
behind.  Because the abilities just come out when needed,
without thinking about them or needing to practice a technique
to make them come out.

> Therefore you find tantrics in every walk of life.  Because even jail birds
> and
garbage men can be practitioners.  So how are they going to express the
divine?  As they themselves are.  Therefore tantrics tend to blow conventions
because they superceed them. If you have a superlative level of awareness
as opposed to the local priest then will you genuflect to him and carry the
local torch, or will you show your own valuation of the universal divinity?
Maybe by shitting on the altar?

Or shitting on the priest?  :-)

>  Tantra is a fast path because there aren't so much in the way of
preliminaries.  While the path may be graduated, it still is fast.

Agreed.

> Because it's fast one also can get stuck on whatever impurities they have
because sometimes the path is too fast.  It's said that once a tantric it's
like a
snake crawling up through a cane. One can't turn around. This of course is
twilight language for kundalini entering avaduti or central channel.  Once
kundalini is awakened it cannot be put back to sleep. The only way to rest
after that awakening is in identity with the universal as the body of the
divinity.
One cannot ever go back to just being Joe Blow on skid row.

Also agreed, in spades.  There is no going back.

> Therefore as with the very cheapest things in life like sex, lsd, and tantra,
what seems the cheapest is really the most life changing in the long run.

Sometimes, yes it is.

> Tthe real soource of tantra is not soome teacher but life itself and the
elements themselves.

Exactly.  The guru is useful as long as he or she is necessary
to trigger the perception of unity amidst polarity.  But if you can
do that yourself, and are willing to trust yourself, you can allow
life itself to be the guru.

> Life itself and the elements themselves, ie., everything is already totally
sentient, and so by merely opening to that one becomes sentient as well.
many cannot simply open, so a crowbar is needed. The crowbar shouldn't be
seen as the sentient ground of awareness.

Excellent.