TurquoiseB wrote:
> Thanks for all the info. Really. I shall ponder it. Just
> one more question -- do you hear anything bad about the
> Sony Android phones, such as the Experia X10?
>
> Because the phone is essentially not only free to me, but
> a writeoff against taxes, "cost is no object." Of the ones
> offered by my current provider, the Sony looks to kick major
> ass, primarily because of its 8.1 Mb camera, as opposed to
> the other phones' 3 Mb cameras. Is there anything I should
> know and be wary of if I choose to go the Sony route?

I haven't heard anything "bad" about the Experia but you might want to
see if your provider has a "community" web forum and see if any X10
users have posted experiences there. Often a very useful thing when
considering some new hardware is to go to forums devoted to that
product.  Sometimes the manufacturers have them under the support
section mainly because it saves them money as power users tend to be
better than hired tech support folks.

I'm really not that much of a hardware geek.  In fact like most software
developers hate dealing with hardware.  That said I'm in the market for
replacing my video editing machine which also doubles as development
machine for some embedded systems.  Partly because a 3.2 Ghz P4 just
doesn't cut it anymore and also because my computer insurance just ran
out and the new policies they are issuing seem to be by each system you
have and only good for the first 3 years.   The old policy was blanket
and even covered my PDAs and cellphones regardless of age.