--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> [...]

Maybe things have changed, but when an extended family member was in the psych
hospital for a bit about 5 years ago, no computer use allowed, tv and video
games and books were fine, limited phone calls from a pay phone only.  This
protected patients from further harming relationships with family, coworkers,
whatever, when they are manic or psychotic or depressed.  Real damage can be
done and it can be hard to undo in some cases - like coming on sexually to
someone totally uninterested in or related to you.  It also means that they can
participate in group sessions and disconnect from some of the tensions of their
outside life.  But who knows, times are different in just 5 years.