TurquoiseB:
> The "bottom line," in a spiritual context...

You failed to define the word 'spiritual'.
Maybe you have not thought this through.

"...those of a more 'New-Age' disposition see
spirituality as the active connection to some
force/power/energy/spirit, facilitating a sense
of a deep self."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality

So, for you, the bottom line is a belief in a
'spiritual world' of 'spirits' or 'souls', and
in the spiritual context, you believe that
every individual has a personal soul-monad, a
self, that is somehow connected to all the
other spirit-souls in the universe?

And, you believe that the spiritual entities,
the soul-monads, are *exactly* the same as the
Great Soul Spirit, the Self.

"...of or relating to supernatural beings or
phenomena"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/spiritual

> I accept *nothing* as "inherently and
> indisputably cool."

Except that you believe in the individual soul
spirits and the Great Soul Spirit, which you
think is an indisputably cool belief.

So, how many souls are there in the universe?

There must be billions of them. But, there is
only one Great Soul Spirit? Does that make any
sense?

Why would there not be a Great Soul Spirit for
every individual soul-spirit?

> Is that bad?

Only if you believe in the spirit-world but then
try to deny it, and then cast aspersions on
others who do not believe in soul-spirits like
you believe in them - that's bad.