--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <geezerfr...@...> wrote:

> What fun to see very early Dead (pre-beard Jerry Garcia)! Do
> you know how to see the rest of this documentary?

I don't, no, sorry. I searched YouTube for "Hippie
Temptation," which was the documentary's title, and
didn't come up with anything but this clip. Found a
couple other sites that look like they had the whole
thing at one time, but it had been taken down for
terms of use violation.

It's playing at the Red Vic in San Francisco June 29-30,
though:

http://www.redvicmoviehouse.com/show.php?pageid=471

And you can get it on DVD:

http://www.thevideobeat.com/store/music-documentaries/hippie-heaven-vol-1.html

Huh, just read that the documentary was so well received
that it actually gave birth a couple of months later to
"60 Minutes" with Reasoner and Mike Wallace.

There's lots of other videos about hippies on YouTube.

I suspect this segment is all there was of the Grateful
Dead in that particular documentary.

> Thanks for posting this Judy!

Welcome, glad you enjoyed it!