--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> > >
> > > "I knew Daniel well and have a little different take than some
> > > others. this is what my perception was knowing what was going on.
> > > Had I known the last 2 months he told so many people his pain was
> > > too great and he was thinking of killing himself I would have
> > > intervened strongly in some way. intervention may have helped but
> > > at the same time. a person has to be receptive and I don't know
> > > how receptive Daniel was. that advaita group all think they are
> > > beyond human help and looked to him as the mentor and teacher
> > > and he had no one." <end paste>
> >
> > Buck, not to be intrusive but to understand, could you
> > explain a little about this "advaita group" and Daniel's
> > relationship to it? I don't know him, and I don't know
> > any of the circumstances surrounding this, so it's a
> > little difficult to follow things like the above. Thanks
> > in advance.
>
> I think he's referring to the BATGAP crowd that gathers at Tom Traynor's
> place every week.

Yep it is Rick Archer and Thom Traynor's experience group that this person was
commenting about.  Apparently Daniel was a devoted attender for some while and
was looked towards as a leader within the group because of his seeming elevated
experiences and perspective.

There is a lot of greiving and much discussion going on in Fairfield internally
right now.