--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6...@...> wrote:

> Judy, let me clarify this. I'm not against empathy, just
> those that wear it on their sleeves for the whole world to
> see and *admire*, especially for political purposes.I
> would call that *false empathy* and when I see it or hear
> it, it makes me want to vomit.

I can understand that. Don't know how you can always tell
for sure whether it's true or false, though.

And boy, that didn't seem like what you were objecting to
to start with! What does that have to do with FREEDOM and
the Constitution and all the other stuff you were spouting?

>  Kind of reminds me of Christ reading the riot act to the
> Pharisees in the Temple, calling them vipers and brooder
> vipers, whited sepulchers, all clean and white outside,
> but full of dead men's bones and corruption inside,
> standing in the doorway to heaven , neither going in nor
> allowing others to enter.

That's fine for hypocrisy-in-general, but in this case
one of the things he was railing at them for was *lack*
of empathy:

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye
pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted
the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and
faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the
other undone."

Man, I love that whole rant. I think every politician and
CEO should be required to stand in front of the mirror
every morning and deliver it to themselves, loudly, with
gestures (in the King James version, please).