--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> > >
> > > One of the commentaries in the Srimad Bhagavatam states that yogic
> > > flying is more than flying in the air.  The siddhi is also for
> > > flying to the other planets in the universe.  If this is the case,
> > > that means a yogi will have to be lighter than air.  He or she
> > > actually would have to attain the power of teleportation.  It
> > > appears that this can only be done if one turns into "light",
> > > thus acquiring the speed of light to travel the cosmos.
> > >
> > > Moreover, the siddhi should be able to make a person exceed the
> > > lightness of light itself in order to fly in the spiritual skies.
> > > By doing so, one can reach Vaikuntha or heaven itself through the
> > > development of consciousness.
> > >
> > > I believe MMY had knowledge of this idea, which is the hidden
> > > agenda behind the yogic flying program.
> >
> > I don't know about the rest of you cynics, but speaking
> > as someone who values challenging one's beliefs, I love
> > it when the more sensible members of the TMO come out of
> > the woodwork to point out that those of us who portray
> > its ideas as catering at this point only to a hanger-on
> > lunatic fringe are WAY off-base.
>
> You should read the Srimad Bhagavatam before making ignorant
> statements like these.

Why?

Clearly, reading this fairy tale has convinced you
that not only do human beings have the ability to
zap through space at faster-than-lightspeed and
go to other planets, but that's what the "hidden
agenda" of Maharishi's buttbouncing program was.

Sounds to me a lot like reading the Harry Potter
books and deciding that your dick is "really" a
magic wand and that taking it out of your pants
and waving it around will cause real magic to
happen.  :-)

John, I'm simply making the point that you are
so immersed in these fantasies of yours and so
completely unaware that they *are* fantasies that
you say things in public that IMO would be better
left for your group therapy sessions.

The Srimad Bhagavatam is a fairy tale; it's *fine*
to read fairy tales and enjoy them. It's a somewhat
different thing to believe that they're real, and
that what they say is true. You clearly believe
that the "Vedic literature" you keep citing is not
only true, but Truth. I'm merely suggesting that
you are in almost the same ballpark as someone who
claims the same thing about the Harry Potter books.
Almost. The Harry Potter books are actually enter-
taining and well-written.