Rick,

Although I don't think you mentioned it here, I thought I'd comment
on the video of you done on a similar website to Buddha At The Gas
Pump. I liked it, and thought you came across better than its host,
who interviewed you.

I was struck by the comparative use and non-use of the word "truth."
Mr. Richards strikes me as the kind of guy who would not necessarily
react gracefully to someone challenging his assumptions about "what
is true" and "what is Truth." You, as far as I could tell, did not
even use the word. I like that, and respect it.

I thought you came across as very natural and well-spoken. I loved
the part where you spoke about the occasional freakout on long
rounding courses and spoke about the need to integrate your high
experiences on the course by diving back into reality. Mr. Richards
asked you to amplify on that, but characterized it as "relapsing."
Very telling, IMO. And quite a contrast between your naturalism
and comfort with both aspects of life and his (from my POV) lack
of both.

I watched about the first five minutes of the interview. I would
have liked to have watched it all, but the feed died at that point
and refused to be restarted, no matter what I did.

All in all, and my reason for writing this, is that I thought you
came across as someone who actually could inspire people to seek
the more valuable, balanced aspects of seeking, and avoid some of
the possible pitfalls of seeking. If you were still teaching
meditation, I would be comfortable referring a young person to
you to learn it. I cannot say that about many of the people with
whom I have shared a spiritual path in the past.