Hugo wrote:

> Well not really but I had to get your attention. Could be bad though,
> last time this happened it completely knocked out America's
> communications network, luckily in 1859 that only meant the telegraph
> service. Could be a bit more serious now.......
> Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation
> Britain could face widespread power blackouts and be left without
> critical communication signals for long periods of time, after the earth
> is hit by a once-in-a-generation "space storm", Nasa has warned.
> By Andrew Hough <http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/andrew-hough/>
> Published: 1:00PM BST 14 Jun 2010

Time to build a Faraday cage and put a bunch of electronic goodies in it
including a solar panel system.  Of course the local gestapo or thugs
(same thing) may want to commandeer it in event of things going this bad
so a  gun or two and ammo might also be handy.

This was a subject of one of Jesse Ventura's shows a few months back.
In that show he reported on how the rich were building bunkers for the
event.  I suggested if they do that we once they're in them we seal the
entrances up with cement so they can't get out. ;-)