--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Yifu Xero <yifux...@...> wrote:

> from http://www.enlightened-spirituality.org/neo-advaita.html
>
> [The following is an analysis of what has come to be called
> “Advaita Syndrome” or “Advaita Disease,” written by a
> philosophical counselor, Greg Goode (see his website:
> www.heartofnow.com). This piece has often circulated anonymously,
> but Greg is the author. He recently wrote to me:
> "Dear Timothy... Writing about these satsang conceits was
> inspired by several years of close observation of the zoological
> type satsangus teacheritis. I used to visit and hang with two or
> three satsang teachers per month for several years as they came
> through NYC [New York City]. Boy could I tell you stories. I bet
> you have some too! I'm glad to see your page on the craziness of
> the neo-satsang movement. There's not much advaita to it so I
> don't call it neo-advaita."]

As if being a "real" Advaitan was a good thing.

How many Advaitans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Four:
- One to screw it in.
- One to not screw it in.
- One to both screw it in and not screw it in.
- One too neither screw it in nor not screw it in.

:-)

The thing that amuses me even more than the Neo-Advaitan
"I've had a realization experience so I'm realized" act
is the Edg Duveyoung "I've never had a realization exper-
ience in my life but I understand Ramana Maharshi perfectly"
act. The former at least can be referred to as delusion
based on subjective experience; the latter only as delusion
based on a complete misunderstanding of the intellect and
its limitations, as well as an even more complete mis-
perception of the shallowness of the intellect making
the claim.