thx, Pema Chodron actually made the network news last Sunday CBS or NBC - I
forgot which.  This type of "how to manage your emotions" Buddhism doesn't
appeal to me.  Her message seems to be: if you have a negative emotion, embrace
it somehow.  Those New-Age types of approaches never worked for me but some
people are into it.

I'm mainly into (besides regular mediation); karma busting techniques I've
learned from Lama Zopa.

Willytex, I object to your lumping all of the various people together in the
same demographic group with Lama Zopa.  As stated before, he offers a whole
spectrum of Buddhist chants encompassing the pure Wisdom approach to emptiness;
along with mantras designed to offset suffering due to every conceivable
material cause.

Judging by his books, Facebook and Twitter pages, he spends a lot of time
personally answering questions put to him by almost anybody.
A typical inquiry might come (for example) from somebody stuck in a prison,
asking how to protect himself.  Being very skillful in "expedient means",
naturally, the Lama will prescribe a mantric remedy appropriate to that
particular person's problem.
Most of the Neo-Advaitins otoh, simply say "Being" for everything. That goes
for Chopra.
Willytex, you simply are not "listening".  I have two of Karunamayi's audios:
Gayatri and Mahamritunjaya mantras.  Generally speaking, the Neo-Advaitins are
NOT into mantras and the chanting thereof.
Therefore, you're placement of Karunamayi into the same basket of Neo-Advaitic
characters shows evidence of some innate disturbance in your mind; the nature
of which escapes me at the moment, as to the cause.