--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <geezerfr...@...> wrote:

> Yep, and that's the crux of it, isn't it? For me, that's what makes
discussing this aspect of MMY's life so fascinating.

> He can't be seen in black or white terms and that is something that
really comes out in Judith's book. Or, as I think she puts it:
separating the "Maha" from the "Rishi".

> Was he a great seer or a failed monk who became overly attached to
money, especially as his family began to become more and more demanding
in this regard. Or....is the truth that he was all of these things?

I think many, or even most people here accept this, and have long
accepted it.  But you have some, who seem to want it only one way and
are pretty much ready to pounce if  you start sounding a little too
positive about the whole experience.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" feste37@ wrote:
> >

> > And yet he changed so many people's lives for the better -- indeed,
rescued many lives, mine included. He figured out a way of reaching me,
a confused 17-year-old high school drop out, and giving me something
that permanently turned my life around. I guess all the more "qualified"
yogis were sitting around in India being very learned and doing whatever
it is that "real" yogis do. Maharishi, on the other hand, actually
decided to make a difference in real people's lives all across the
world. Great seer? You bet.

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, vajradhatu108 <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>

> > > Exactly.
> > >
> > > And Mahesh looks like the only title left standing.
> > >
> > > What I'm noticing, besides the obvious denial of the TM fans, is
that it is not obvious to them that once the farce of being a monk
fails, there are certain other things that either naturally come into
question or themselves fall by the wayside as his blatant lack of
integrity is revealed.

> > > It's interesting because despite all the talk about maya in
TM-circles, it shows that there is no way to be "effortlessly" free of
our own delusions. In fact deciding to be some part of any 'spiritual
group' almost seems to insure that you'll embrace some of their
delusions in the process.