> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > The beauty of this teaching, as I understood it when I became a
> teacher, was that it was
> > not necessary for anyone to obsess about what constitutes optimal
> conditions for practice.
> > Those things had been worked out, and the best way to mess it up
> would be to add
> > something. Like, perhaps, a kick in the backside.
>
> Amen to that! Yes, I completely agree. The beauty about TM for me has
> always been its utter simplicity and versatility, and the complete
> independence of the practice from any group, unless one so chooses.
> Practice it anywhere- (except the US Congress, and while driving that
> is).

But if you're a student who has accepted grant/scholarship money
specifically to participate in a school where group meditation/sidhis
practice is expected, what is the specific objection?

Perhaps these students all paid their own way, in which case perhaps
they should issue specially colored badges to the scholarship students
so they can be singled out for disciplinary action...

You take my point? People end up at MUM because they've elected to
participate in the programs there, not just to take classes. If they're
not willing to participate, then they should leave.