TurquoiseB wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Yifu Xero <yifux...@...> wrote:
>
>> ---Fairly creative rendition of an ongoing series with a setup for another.
>>
>> http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/across-the-universe/predators/
>>

> I watched this yesterday, and despite being a Robert
> Rodriguez fanboy (he produced) and the curious phen-
> omenon of reinventing Adrian Brody as a ripped,
> muscled action star, I was a little underwhelmed.
> As much as I hate to say it given his politics, the
> original "Predators" with Ahnold in it is still the
> only one of the franchise worth watching.
>
> Plot holes in this one big enough to drive Ahnold's
> Hummer through. Good action scenes, if that's enough
> for you in an action movie, but not enough "meat"
> for me, character-wise and story-wise. Besides, I
> was really cheesed off that one of my fave Rodriguez
> alumni Danny Trejo had such a...uh...short-lived
> role. I would have preferred seeing him in the Adrian
> Brody role. But I guess we still have to wait for
> "Machete" to see him do his "star turn." Can't wait.

It was a "Grindhouse" movie as one could tell once the title popped up
at the beginning and the music was very 1950's "Grindhouse" or like
those sci-fi movies at the drive-ins back then.   With that my
expectations didn't run high that I might need to pick up my socks after
the movie.  I thought it was fine for what it was.  The second
"Grindhouse" movie this season will of course be "Machete" and I'm
looking forward to it.

I asked the kids at the theater why the listings were off and they said
"because we're getting a new movie tomorrow."  Well that is one movie,
"The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (in 3D of course) starting tomorrow so there
was still no reason to have their web site listings screwed up but in
this age of incompetence what can we expect?