Peter,

The Crystal & the Way of Light is a good book but its value may depend
upon your familiarity with Buddhism.

However, once you understand this book, if still interested, you can
turn to Quintessential Dzogchen: Confusion Dawns as Wisdom, translated
by Eric Pema Kunsang.

If you want a taste of what "direct introduction" is like then
the only book that approaches it is Lion's Gaze by Khenchen Sherab
Rinpoche and Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche. This is a verbal
commentary on a text by Patrul Rinpoche, a famous practitioner and on
the Three Words that Strike the Crucial Point by Garab Dorje, the root
guru and so-called first human to teach Dzogchen.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter L Sutphen
<drpetersutp...@...> wrote:

> Thank you much. Does the book include a demon I. D. Checkist?
>
> Peter
>

> On Jul 22, 2010, at 6:56 AM, Vaj vajradh...@... wrote:
>

> > On Jul 21, 2010, at 9:18 PM, Peter wrote:
> >

> >> Vaj, what would be a good book or two to introduce oneself to
Dzogchen?

> > I often recommend The Crystal and the Way of Light: Sutra, Tantra
and Dzogchen and people seem to find it helpful. Actually before that
book was written there really wasn't anything available on the topic
period.