> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Oui, d'accord. The conceptual understanding
> > > facilitates the experiential discrimination of the
> > > intellect.
> >
> > So let's have the explanation of how the
> > intellectual understanding can be used as a
> > springboard for authentic inquiry, please.
>
> P.S.: The explanation should probably be given
> by someone for whom the authentic inquiry has
> actually triggered realization.

****
I had a powerful awakening experience at age 16. At that time I didn't
even know about the concepts of awakening or enlightenment. I had not
practiced the kind of meditation, where your aim is to silence your
mind. I had no awakened people around me. But I had been quite
spontaneously drawn to intense inner dialogues. It went like this: An
idea or proposition often of existential nature came to my mind. It
activated an other voice that tried to challenge the proposition. I
spent every week many hours withdrawn to this kind of meditation.

At the moment of  the awakening experience I was not immersed in an
inner dialogue. I was just walking down stairs and thinking nothing
special. Suddenly I just felt a thud in my head. My whole perception
changed permanently and there has been no relapse to the old state. I
felt deep inner stability and peace that could not be shattered  by
any emotional state.

I think my inner dialogues had moulded the ground for this transition.

Irmeli