> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > That's what everyone who is attached to attachment says.  :-)
> >
> > I love the analogy Judy strikes above. I've been told
> > all this creation around me is an illusion, and I'm
> > inclined to believe I'm being told the truth, but for
> > the life of me I can't see how. I can see how my
> > perception colors it, but I can't see how I'm actually
> > creating it or how I'm being deceived.
> >
> > As for Barry's remark, what am I to make of that?
> > I could gain by loosening my attachment to attachment?
> > I'll see the illusion? If you'd like to elaborate, Barry,
> > please feel free.
> >
> > ---------
> >
> > I wonder if anyone has ever compiled a list of all the different
> means by which people have
> > awakened. There seems to be a correlation between training and
> awakening, but otherwise
> > it seems random, judging from the accounts I've read. People
often
> recount a predisposal
> > to altered states going back to childhood, but otherwise, I've
> read all manner of stories of
> > how people have popped into realization on the way to doing
> something else. Suzanne
> > Segal is boarding a bus; Peter Sutphen is walking to the dome,
Tom
> Traynor is -- what?
> > Getting hit by a car? I forgot your story, Tom. Rory Goff
> says "Enough of this. I quit trying
> > to be enlightened," et voilĂ . So who's to say what's needed to
> flip the switch?
> >
> > Frankly, I haven't heard a better account for all this than what
> has come from Maharishi.
> > One needs to culture awareness of the self being aware of itself
> and raise the level of
> > collective consciousness at large. Then, with grace, you may
wake
> up.
> >
> >  - Patrick Gillam

Personally I go with Rory's account- getting so sick of not being
enlightened; unable to intellectually resolve the duality, that it
is then easier to become awakened, enlightened, Brahman, no
boundaries.

Because in every case of awakening, there is intention, strong
intention. And that intention resolves itself the way any other
intention does, by becoming real. There is no trick or 'magic
bullet' to it. It is purely and absolutely a matter of wanting
something badly enough that you are willing to give up everything in
order to get it.

Challenge ruthlessly, non-stop, every concept and idea and feeling
of yourself and your world and everyone in it, until there is
nothing left. Then you will wake up.