--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "marekreavis" <reavisma...@...> wrote:

Right back at ya brother, thanks for the thoughtful post. That was exactly what
I was hoping to read in response to my own, something to broaden my
understanding of the guy. He is quite a mirror to reflect our current values
isn't he?  I'm sure he will always be useful in that capacity my whole life.

There is something in the perfectionist standards in spiritual traditions that
I am happy to have shed.  I don't believe that I need any version of Maharishi
in my life, living or dead, as a guide or inspiration. I'm happy to learn from
everyone around me what I am missing or what I can improve on.  No one person
embodies what I am looking for or deserves the title guru for me now.

We all could have done worse than hanging out with Maharishi.  When he scooped
me up I certainly needed some direction.  Fifteen years later I popped out with
that many years of clean living and some great experiences and skills that
still serve me today. I had missed some growth areas in my magical thinking but
that hasn't been too hard to catch up since then.

I certainly value the opportunity to reflect on it all here on FFL.