> > That pretty much leaves you out of the discussion!

Vaj:
> Not really, as there are probably not that many
> other people here who were initiated into the
> Saudaryalahari.

The key word here is 'objective' scholar, Vaj.

The Saundaryalahari by the Adi Shankara contains at
least three TM bija mantras. As a Sri Vidya adherent
and a TMer, I can say without the least hesitation
that there are many here who can take the Saunda
seriously.

That's because the meditation on the bijas mantras
enumerated in Saundarylahari is the same meditation
as in TM - there is only one single Transcendental
in Advaita and in Sri Vidya.

After all, our own Guru Dev was a Sri Vidya devotee
and he apparently meditated on the TM bija mantras
contained in the Saundaryalahari on a twice-daily
basis.

It is incumbent on all of the Shankaracharya
Sannyasins of the Srngeri Matha to meditate on the
Saundaryalari bijas, just like TMers do. You would
know this if you were a TMer, Vaj.

So, let's sum up:

According to my sources, the bija mantras used
in Indian spiritual practices orginated with the
so-called Mahasiddhas, the tantric alchemists of
the Golden Age in Indian history. The Mahasiddhas
are well known in Indian history - Naga Arjuna,
and later, Tilopa and Naropa, the adepts who took
the tantric system to Tibet and founded there the
Kargyupta sect, which is the path of my teacher,
the Trungpa Tulku of Tibet.

Apparently the first siddhas in India were
associated with the Nath sect - Matysyendranath,
who composed the Hath Yoga Pradipika. There is
also ample evidence to prove that the tantric
siddhas were the precursors of the Tantric
Tradition in Kashmere, the tradition of my teacher
the Swami Laksmanjoo of Kashmere.

According to the Shakaracharya Tradition, the Adi
Shankara visited Kashmere in the ninth century,
bringing the tantric practices to South India. At
Sringeri, the Adi established a matha for the
propogation of the tantric teachings and there he
installed the image of Saraswati, with the Sri
Yantra placed in her hand with the bija mantra of
Saraswati inscribed thereon. According to my
teacher Swami Brahmanand Saraswati of Sringeri.