Just a question, inspired by my recent read of the latest
Harry Potter book.  I remember that a few years after I
left the TM movement there was a lot of big talk in the
movement about physical immortality.  Immortality was
the buzzword du jour.  Whatever became of this fascination?

I remember thinking at the time that something was 'way
off about this.  In most of the spiritual teachings I've run
into, a fascination with physicial immortality is looked
upon as a *very* dangerous indicator, a sign that the
person becoming fascinated with it is "off track" or lost
in Maya.  Interestingly, in the fictional wizard world of
the Harry Potter books, it is looked upon the same way,
as an indicator that the wizard who becomes fascinated
with immortality has lost his or her balance.

So...many years later, is there any talk in the TMO about
physical immortality, or was that just a passing fad?

And, for those who might remember, did the passing fad
appear around the time of Maharishi's heart attack?

Unc