> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Yes, I think I understand what you are saying here -- you insist
> > that ignorance is real, not merely a belief
>
> Not just real, but an *important* reality.  How *dare* you
> suggest it's neither!

Exactly right.

> I have a friend down here in the south of France who has
> a bit of a Zorro fetish.  He knows all the Zorro books and
> movies and TV shows backwards and forwards and even
> dresses up like Zorro for parties and special occasions.
> He has fun with this fantasy of his.  We have fun with him
> having fun with this fantasy of his.

That's because it's a fantasy.

> But what makes it work is that Pete doesn't expect any of
> us to believe he's really Zorro.  He doesn't expect us to
> take his fantasy seriously, because he doesn't take his
> fantasy seriously.

That's because it's a fantasy.

> Seems to me this discussion is about someone who
> insists that people take her fantasy of unenlightenment
> seriously.  If we don't, we're "demeaning" her and some-
> how putting her down.

Barry, you're really pretty much hors de combat
in this discussion.  Not even your limp spitballs
from the sidelines are poorly aimed.

(In any other context, Barry would be *insisting*
on the different realities in different states of
consciousness.  But, hey, consistency is just the
hobgoblin of small minds when there's an
opportunity to put somebody down.)