--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> >
> > The TMO is so unnatural in its language. Always this stilted,
> > formal spiritually bombastic language that leaves simplicity
> > and authenticity far behind. Really too bad.
>
> Peter, have you ever experienced beauty so overwhelming your
> heart is just bursting? Of course, you have. That's how some
> folks feel about Maharishi. Sometimes only poetry and flowery
> words of exultation can express one's gratitude for the gift
> of transcending. I'll admit "a dried fruit restored with its
> juice" does drip too thickly like syrup on a pancake. But,
> I'm more interested in appreciating the feeling of bliss
> behind the words than analyzing the quality of the metaphor.

I think Pete is commenting on the "low standards"
of TMO flowery language and the people who use it.
Transcendence itself ain't that big a deal to get
all blissninny about (almost every form of meditation
provides it, after all), and Maharishi is far from
the only person to make it available. He's just the
one who charged the most for it.

If you're looking for a flowery plant metaphor, it's
more like he's reminding a bunch of trees that they're
really saps for paying so much for so little.  :-)