<snip>
> Sorry, I keep having further thoughts on this:
>
> The mind can certainly get into making
> distinctions that go way beyond what's
> needed for survival, to the point where
> it becomes actually *harmful* to the
> physical survival of the individual, even
> the entire species.

Agreed!

> <snip>
> > >
> > > Maybe so. My understanding is that the old intellect virtually
> > > disappears into something more like moment-to-moment intuition
or
> > > appreciation of the continuously emerging miracle of here-now.
>
> I'd suggest it gets whittled back to making
> the kinds of distinctions that are necessary
> for survival, albeit perhaps survival more
> broadly defined than the merely keep-me-alive-
> long-enough-to-pass-on-my-genes variety.

*lol* Yeah, I don't think my genes are going anywhere :-) And it
seems survival/desires have become completely autonomic: that the
larger bodymind (inside and out) and everyone in it takes care of
everything pretty nicely -- unless out of old habit I should choose
to get in there and override, micromanage, and generally screw
things up. Even so the homeostatic balance reasserts itself pretty
quickly :-)