--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jpgillam" <jpgil...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj wrote:

> > > connecting TM with a verse from Patanjali, are simply not real--
> > > even if it is (or was) nice to meditate in groups. I do not believe
> > > TM, in general, establishes ahimsa in ones consciousness or in
> > > one's environment.
> > >
> > > You're saying TM does not work as advertised, and
> > > I get that; thanks. I'm asking something different,
> > > though. Let me use your terms: Does your
> > > tradition teach that transcending establishes
> > > ahimsa in one's environment?
> > >
> > > Feel free to substitute "transcending" with the
> > > proper word, if one better applies.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >

> > I would say that both the Patanjali tradition says that and the
> > Buddhist traditions say that Awakened Mind can transform
> > environments, indeed whole world systems.
>
> Thanks. Now let's hope that lots of people are awakening,
> and we enjoy something of a snowball effect.

Great observation and I like that you keep re-focusing the question for some
who evidently haven't had experience with it. This is an interesting
discernment you're making.  The shakti of transcending and global influence.
It's an influence that seems to take some spiritual muscle to throw and takes
some practice to get good at it too.  It's a spirituality workout that really
is not done in TM as such.

That is how you could have a bunch of TM'ers who may be are lit
in the upper chakras but not connected to their heart or much at root
chakras.  All along over the years with TM, some people have observed and
commented that it
(™) seems to have no heart.  Well, yes if it just stays with the in-the-head
thing of just coming back to a mantra and taking it as it comes then it likely
won't get embodied much.  Hence you can
have some long term practitioners who frankly look pretty dim bad and a lot who
are quitters.

Though TM doctrine doesn't address this spirituality aspect but for some people
things natively lit up from top to bottom with the practice.  All the advanced
techniques effectively are this more complete development
of the subtle chakra systems if employed that way.  However, TM simply was a
great spiritual start and then going to other teachers where this larger aspect
is more directly and technically addressed can become important finishing.
Lately John Douglas arriving with his spiritual techniques/practices has been
helping the really TM TB'er insider community with this growth more directly.
Their TM is proly better for it too as their subtle systems become more able to
embody the Unified Field spiritually.

There has been a lot of work done this way in the meditating community over the
years.  Particularly since the mid to late 1980's when the lady-saints started
showing up more in the West.  This is a lot of what the saints have been
helping people with in their spirituality of developing the spiritual body.
Look at the Fairfield Directory of Active Spiritual Practice Groups.  That
represents where a lot of the TM movement had went on to through the years.
Taking TM and going separate from TM.  There is a practicality in that.

For the research, it would be nice to get some of those practitioners back to
do their TM in the domes now.

-Buck in FF