> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote:
> > [Sparaig wrote:]
> > > Allof these things appear to me to be contained in MMY's theory
> > > about progression in CC...
> >
> > Especially the correlation between noticing
> > the witnessing and the lower level of activity
> > (sitting on the terrace at twilight as opposed
> > to moving furniture in Barry's case, and sitting
> > in the car driving around versus digging out the
> > cistern in Alex's case).  The lower the activity
> > level, the less competition the Self has for
> > one's attention.
> >
> > Both of them mention the heat in which they
> > had to do their more active task, which also
> > would grab some attention, both from mind/
> > senses and physiology.
>
> Actually, to provide a little more information, I think
> that "coorelation" is a little too simplistic to be true,

Any particular reason for the scare quotes?

> based on my own past experiences.  That was just
> yesterday's experience that I wrote about yesterday.
> In the past, the most  "present" or "noticeable"
> witnessing I've experienced often took place during
> times of the most *heightened* activity, not the most
> "low level."

Yeah, I don't believe I said anything about the
correlation *always* being the case, did I?

In context (restored above), the question was
whether the experiences you and Alex reported
were consistent with MMY's explanations of
witnessing.  One would *expect* to be able to
notice the Self more easily when one's activity
level is low, but that doesn't mean it's always
going to be the case, nor did I suggest it did.