On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Rick Archer <r...@searchsummit.com> wrote:

> [...]
I saw some remarkable things in the flying room at Cobb Mountain during the
first five minutes of our practicing the flying sutra that I'll have to
bring back and re-examine.  Perhaps I wasn't seeing everything clearly.
Except for those five minutes, I've often had the need to open my eyes and
watch myself and when in a group watch others.  I've never, except for those
first five minutes seen anything I couldn't explain with Newtonian physics.
Each time I come to the dome for the first time after being away for a while
I look at myself, I look at others, calculate that there is nothing but
throwing up of hands, jerking legs that's causing the "hopping".  I observe
how guys are in lotus position but jerk up their legs nonetheless, jerk up
their hands, which accounts for their "hopping".  I ever have to decide to
forget it and suspend belief in what I see or I can't "innocently" do the
flying.   I have also done the landing on my feet hopping.  It was the
result of well timed jerks of the arms and legs, nothing more.   The thing
that keeps me going is that the impulse to hop, the rush of energy upwards
that precedes a hop.  That comes from the flying sutra.  But does that
impulse really have anything to do with flying?  I wonder, I wonder then I
tell myself to shut my mind of from this and just hop.

Why do I sometimes defend TM and Maharishi here, often take pot shots at TM
and Maharishi here?  Because it's not an after all these years thing for
me.  I struggle with things like "Am I flying?  every day.  Despite my
dissection, I still find Maharishi to be sort of like an optical illusion.
I can see where he was telling the truth here.  No, my eyes shift looking at
the "illusion" and I see that he wasn't telling the truth.  Then my eyes
shift...