--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > and: what is there about permanent witnessing that is NOT a
> > > benchmark of some sort, enlightenment-wise?
> >
> > Permanent witnessing is to enlightenment as having toenails
> > is to being human.
>
> Who told you that?

Nobody.  Like most of the other stuff I write here, it's
just something that came to me at the time.  You aren't
looking for actual profundity, are you?  :-)

> > Just a tiny part of a larger phenomenon...
>
> I remember some sort of a disassociation between what I was doing and
> my subjective experience of it after a TM in-residence course, and I
> think that is what you are referring to as witnessing, but honestly I
> have no desire whatsoever for such an experience again. I certainly
> would not want to have such an experience permanently!!

I am definitely not referring to any feeling of disassociation.
I understand the difference.  I'm just using the term 'witnes-
sing,' although I don't think much of it, because that was the
term being used by others here to label a certain phenom-
enon.  The phenomenon I have in mind is direct awareness
of the transcendent or pure consciousness at the same time
one is directly aware of waking, dreaming and sleeping.
Having experienced drug-induced disassociation back in
the 60s, there is a vast difference between that phenomenon
and the one that I thought we were discussing here.