--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, pibssmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sellers are refusing to take less.

What is the status of most sellers?

    Have they moved out of town? If so, they probably need the equity
to buy a new home elsewhere. How long can they hold out as their lives
move on.

Are they in town but need cash?
    How long can they hold out? How is the job market in FF?

Downsizing as kids move away?
     How many new families are forming vs. those becoming empty nesters?

How is the demand for housing?
     How many kids are staying in FF?
     How many are moving in to FF compared to migrating out?
     What the rhe expectations for long run price increases or decreases?

What is the demand for SV houses?
     How many in FF are willing to pay much of a premium for such?
Maybe 5-10%? But 50-100%???

If or as prices decline in other areas, if/as housing price bubble
pops or slowly deflates, how will prices hold up in FF?

How does "credibility gap" of TMO and "jadenizing" of TMOers bode for
the growth or decline of the FF population. For example, how many were
holding out for the pundits? Assuming the pundits don't come in any
numbers, will FF become less attractive for some residents?

I would assume most of the answers are stacked against sellers holding
out for a firm, unrealistic price. It would seem that as some/more
decide to sell at deep discounts, it will put a downward pressure on
prices as the "clearing price" is established and comps are
established at new, lower levels.

> > But these are only list prices. Sellers, tired of holding on, and
> > needing cash, could sell for substantial discounts -- pegged to
> prices
> > of equivalent "regular" homes.
> >
> > What is the word on ths street. Are SV owners (or any property
> owners) refusing deep discount offers, e.g. 40% off list? Or is
demand so weak that there are not even offers at this level (that is,
no buyers can  even afford the properties at the discounted levels.?