--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@...> wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2011, at 6:01 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@> wrote:
> >>
> >> The same people, in general,  obsessed with
> >> faux spirituality [...] Again, it's that faux-spirituality
> >
> > I'm curious, what constitutes genuine spirituality in your perspective?
>
> Being kind to people, helping others in need
> whenever possible, and generally trying to
> make things better in whatever way one
> can, however "insignificant" it may seem
> at the time.  Random acts of kindness.
>
> Chest-beating and proclaiming how "evolved"
> one is all the while treating others like crap
> doesn't count in my book.
>
> Sal

Good points Sal. A few additional thoughts.

For me, harsh or constant judgements are a good tell. And an inner narrtive,
often manifest, about how bad someone was in the past, and thus its obvious
they are a bad person, and that overshadows seeing things as they are in the
present.

Or more generally, active inner narratives about wold have, could have, should
have. And not seeing what is in front of ones eyes right now, only seeing
narratives about what one thinks should be happening.

Another dramatic tell is seeing people get joy out of trying to provoke or hurt
others. And constantly pursuing that. Or generally, repeated bad mouthing
people. As was said (the general principle is true IMO, other words could also
describe it) dissing others is a quick fix to divert attention from ones "pain
body" ones inner garbage. And the put down is a momentary way of confirming
that "I am OK, at least better than that human garbage" (as a means of soothing
the pain of our own garbage. Its al so transparent but when in that mode, the
person doing it is the last to see it.

Generally, people do, act, speak and think AS THEY ARE INSIDE. If someone
sincerely sees the good in everyone, despite circumstances, they must be good
inside, IMO And the opposite, though not "bad" inside per se, but in pain
inside (and the pain is so normal, they no longer sense it as pain. Fish in
water thing.) If someone is sincerely kind and loving, despite circumstances,
they are full of kindness and love  inside, IMO. And the reverse is true.